Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Additions to my Dislike List: Andrew Keen and Doris Lessing

The only reason I use the word "dislike" rather than "hate" is because hate just seems too harsh, and I want to save that word for someone even more ignorant and elitist than these two fools (you have to pick and choose your battles- right?)

"Blah blah blah" was all I got from Andrew Keen's article about incredible (as in not-credible) amateurs using the internet to voice their opinions. Keen, who seems to have some twisted Napoleon Complex (yeah, I went there), fears the internet, its power, and more importantly, the power that the internet takes away from people like him. Does it scare you that I no longer have to look to pompous smarty pants like you for answers?

Now I cn jst Wiki frm my Blkberry!

Does that bother you, little man? I don't need your snuffy Professor friends or a print version of the Wall Street Journal (which I do read..every single day). I can read my newspaper just fine..from my Kindle!

What about you, Miz NoBeL PrIzE WiNnEr? Think the internet makes us dumb? How does it make you feel that I just reduced you to a Wiki Article?

I attribute the lack of appreciation for the internet and all of the wonderful things it has done to a general ignorance and fear of change.

Can I have my Nobel Prize now? K thnx.

3 comments:

  1. Well done, strong words. Wikipedia is awesome, I hope some day they let us use it for citations, but that may be far far away. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha LOVE your posts :) They're always so entertaining to read!

    Well, I think you hit the hammer on the nail on the fact that Lessing seems to be afraid of the internet. I think she just resents change and the fact that things aren't as they used to be in the past. But then, nothing ever stays the same and whether she likes it or not the Internet has already made on impact on our lives and is here to stay. If she wants to make a difference I think she should promote educational breakthroughs in technology like the Gutemberg project or the likes.

    ReplyDelete