Monday, February 15, 2010

My Personal Valentines Day Concierge: Meet my Blackberry.

A few minutes ago marked the end of Valentine's Day 2010, the reason why my blog this week was later than most other weeks.

As I think about everything that I did today, I realize that it wouldn't have been possible with my best friend, my Blackberry. Ok, that's an exaggeration. It wouldn't have been impossible (and my BB isn't really my best friend) but it did make planning, which was my responsibility this year, a lot easier.

So what did I plan? We went to the Museum of Crime & Punishment where we were handcuffed together as we toured the "Valentines Day Crimes of Passion Exhibit", got dinner at Rosa Mexicano, devoured cupcakes at Red Velvet, and saw Valentine's Day in Friendship Heights. And believe it or not, my Curve played quite a crucial role.

With my phone's GPS I was able to get directions to the museum, and then find an open parking lot near by (street parking was IMPOSSIBLE). Then, I used Google mobile to find an open restaurant accepting walk-in's which led me to Rosa Mexicano. From there, I used movietickets.com to find a theater that wasn't sold out of tickets to Valentine's Day. I pre-ordered the tickets, ate dinner, but wasn't really feeling the desserts the restaurant was offering. My next Google search? "Chinatown DC cupcakes" which led my feet, heart, and stomach to Red Velvet cupcakery. Everything within walking distance! It was perfect, and quick, and most importantly- easy!

I enjoy having that kind of power at the tip of my fingers. But I get it, it does raise some safety issues (maybe buying tickets from my cellphone isn't the greatest or brightest idea) but it gets the job done. And in a fast-paced world like this, who has time for planning ahead?

MoSoSo, you are so so cool.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about your having your blackberry being your "best friend". Pretty sure I would be lost without mine...literally...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both awful and wonderful, I feel exactly the same about BBs...You hate it but depend on it.

    How would have been your valentine day if you hadn't bought your tickets or if you had got lost with your valentine when going to the museum ?

    Part of the Valentine's day magie or romantism, maybe ..

    ReplyDelete