Monday, March 15, 2010

From LGB, With Love

Group meetings. There really isn't much to say except, no thank you. 

I dislike having to be at group meetings at a certain time (what if I get hungry and want to eat instead!). I dislike having to wait around or plan accordingly so that everyone can come to an agreement as to when is a good time for everyone. And above ALL I dislike getting to kogod lab at 8pm only to find that there's a class in there and I won't be able to finish my group powerpoint..ugh.

Which is why virtual groups make the top of my favorites list! As a business student we all know what it's like to constantly be working in groups and having to meet..and meet..and re-meet. But now, through the use of gmail ands skype working in groups is easier than ever!

Of course, people feel that virtual groups are less personal then real face-to-face meetings, and that it is harder to really get to know your peers. For those of you who don't get non-verbal cues (text-wise) here's a hint:

IF IM TYPING IN CAPS I'M PROBABLY ANGRY.

If I'm giving you one word answers. Like..yeah.

...I'm probably angry.

And if I'm currently stuck in Long Beach California, had my flight delayed by Jetblue, won't be in DC until 7am, and have a class at 8:30.


I'm probably..ugh.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

  1. So witty. I hate group meetings too. There was this one time the Kogod lab was being used by a class at 8 pm and I found out the rest of the school does not have visio,that was fun. I do hate trying to find times that everyone can meet. Oh and bring snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. Hate group meetings, hate Jetblue red-eyes from California--Got stuck in the middle seat next to two large gentlemen who liked to hot the arm rests once. NO THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Addison, I will def bring the snacks! Sorry I've been putting such a strain on our amigo-ness.

    Natalie, totally feel YOUR pain. I got put next to an individual who spend most of the flight sitting in MY seat as well as hers. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahahaha as always funny and witty. I've got mixed feelings about virtual teams. I believe it's because i like to meet my teammates first (I met one of my good friends on a group project once. We might have never talked to eachother otherwise). But after the preliminary meeting doing it virtually is fantastic! thank you google docs. thank you skype.
    By the way, hope you didn't have any further hassles on your flight back. Seems like a lot of flights have been getting delayed...hmmm

    ReplyDelete