Sunday, March 28, 2010

Resumes: Pictures and (Some) Color Welcome!

Just last week I updated my resume. I was bored, applying for a summer internship, and felt that my current one lacked umph and pizazz!

So, after hours of editing, modifying, and moving text boxes around I finally had a resume that I felt (slightly) better about. I kept asking myself, can I use colors? What about pictures?

Why are resumes so boring?

Don't employers get it? If I happen to have hott pink or orange headings in my resume it's not because I'm childish or incapable of "getting the job done", it means that I'm excited about the possibility of working somewhere great, that I can walk into an office and light up the room while still maintaining that level of professionalism that is necessary in work space.

Get a clue! Resumes don't have to (and SHOULDN'T) be boring! Which is why I love the idea of virtual resumes and blogs for listing accomplishments! They're easy to edit and you can spice things up a bit!

I myself am thinking of creating my own little website-resume where I can add pictures and all the colors I want. I think it will go well with my IT specialization, don't cha think!?

Elle Woods had it right, pink scented paper all the way.

2 comments:

  1. haha As I was reading your post all i could think of was Elle Woods and her pink scented paper. She definitely had it right

    ReplyDelete
  2. a pink resume! That's so un-bussiness school like of you! But that would make your resume remarkable which i gets you noticed, so it could work.

    ReplyDelete